Sunday, November 9, 2008

knitting this fall

This week I've been knitting again. Hats are the thing for the moment. I got more wool from Morehouse Farm. I bought it online since they don't have a store anymore. It was difficult to pick colors and what I got wasn't exactly what I'd expected. ut it is all beautiful and useful.

I started with a baby hat for a friend's daughter's new born. Then an adult duplicate became a birthday present. And now a warm winter hat for my dad. He has never worn a knit hat but with his hearing aids and neck brace it seems like a cap won't do the job any longer.


This is Laura's hat, perched on top of a basket of Morehouse Farm Merino 3 ply. I keep a collection this wool in various colors. It is like keeping around a box of paint. Perfect for making caps at the drop of a hat!

No comments:

Post a Comment