Sunday, November 9, 2008

more on garden preping

Each square of Beats Peat turns into 3 square feet of material once it is wet and expanded. It seemed to need a certain amount of time to absorb the water that I added. I did three blocks, each separately and each time it took some effort to get it to come apart and expand.

I mixed batches of Beats Pete and 20 shovels of soil and 20 of compost on a tarp. That was enough to fill one 4x4 frame.


After three frames worth, I decided the fourth could wait. Maybe I'll get to it next weekend or in the spring. Either way I have at 12 square feet of garden area ready to go.


I may still try to get some garlic in this week. Here's to gardening. And a bountiful return! Or bountiful fun. That I think I can count on.

No comments:

Post a Comment